School District 67 (Okanagan Skaha)
The Board of Education invites applications for the position of Custodial Supervisor for the Okanagan Skaha School District, effective March 30, 2020 (or a mutually agreeable date).
School District 67 is located in the South Okanagan and serves the communities of Penticton, Summerland, Kaleden and Naramata. The District has a student population of 6000 students through 11 elementary schools, 3 middle schools, 3 secondary schools and 1 distributed learning school. Further information can be obtained from the district website at www.sd67.bc.ca.
This position performs a critical role in the delivery of custodial services to the District’s schools and facilities. Reporting to the Director of Facilities, the Custodial Supervisor is responsible for coordinating the selection, scheduling and training programs of approximately 45 custodial staff in accordance with the Collective Agreement. The Custodial Supervisor manages the custodial budget as well as District facility rentals.
The Custodial Supervisor is expected to maintain a level of confidentiality and professionalism in all matters pertaining to the district and its employees. This position performs a wide variety of supervisory tasks requiring independent judgement and action. The ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends is required.
The successful candidate will be resourceful and adaptable with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, manage a heavy workload, and exercise independent judgment and action. The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications and attributes:
- Formal training in the area of building services maintenance, such as a diploma as a Building Services Worker;
- Extensive successful experience (two years minimum) in the supervision of custodial staff and associated safety issues in a unionized environment;
- Knowledge of and experience with ISSA cleaning standards;
- Experience within the public school education sector is highly desirable;
- Thorough knowledge of provincial employment, labour relations, human rights, and workplace health and safety statutes, regulations, guidelines, programs and standards;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral;
- Demonstrates initiative and project leadership implementing new procedures in a decentralized environment;
- Strong organization, teamwork and leadership skills;
- Ability to effectively assess and manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a challenging environment;
Qualified individuals are invited to apply in confidence by submitting a cover letter, resume, and three professional references by 3:00 pm on Friday, February 28, 2020 to email@example.com. Full wage and benefit package commensurate with public sector services. The successful candidate will be subject to the terms of the Criminal Review Act. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.