We are currently accepting applications for French Immersion Teachers Teaching On Call (TTOC)
The employee carries out educational tasks such as establishing learning objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve these objectives, identifying educational needs, developing and/or developing educational programs or activities, and teaching or instructing students.
Elementary/Secondary School TTOCs perform some or all of the following duties:
- Prepare courses for presentation to students according to approved curriculum
- Teach students using a systematic plan of lessons, discussions, audiovisual presentations and field trips
- Lead students in activities to promote their physical, mental and social development and their school readiness
- Assess students and evaluate results
- Discuss results with students, parents and school officials
- Identify children's individual learning needs
- Participate in the preparation and implementation of remedial programs for students requiring extra help
- May be expected to supervise educational assistants and student teachers.
- Elementary school may specialize in such areas as special education or second language instruction.
- Professional Certification
- Certified through the BC Teacher Regulation Branch
Education and Training
A Bachelor's Degree in Education is required.
- The district assesses the applicant’s competency in oral and written French. Native-like fluency and inflection is required.
- Successful classroom teacher experience and/or student teaching experience in a school setting.
- Demonstrated proficiency to work with colleagues and students in knowledge producing and knowledge sharing.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain skills through professional learning.
How to apply:
Please apply via www.makeafuture.ca/nanaimo-ladysmith
Please note, to submit your application to the actual job posting you must click onto the
job posting, then click the “APPLY” button.
Nanaimo Ladysmith Public Schools would like to thank all applicants for their interest in working in our District, however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
you have questions or require assistance with this application process,
please contact the Customer Care department at MakeAFuture at 1 866 806
6851 or email@example.com