A Great Place to Learn!
School District No. 22 (Vernon) is currently accepting applications for casual clerical staff.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Depending on the nature of the assignment the incumbent will be required to work as a Secretary, as a School Secretary, as a Library Clerk, or as a Receptionist.
Provide general clerical duties - including entering data, performing word processing duties, maintaining and filing a variety of files and records relating to attendance, addresses, transfers and lockers and receive and receipt monies and prepare bank deposits.
Communication including receiving, screening and directing phone calls and mail; communicating with staff, students and others and responding to inquiries and providing general information including responding to angry or upset staff, students and others.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Grade 12 plus the completion of a minimum of a six (6) month specialized training program in Office Administration or Business Management. Preference will be given to candidates with a Certificate or a Diploma in Office\Business Administration.
- One (1) year recent successful experience in a secretarial, clerical, or receptionist position.
- Keyboarding 60 wpm (A current five (5) minute Typing Test 60 wpm or greater completed within past 48 months from a recognized institution (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED)
- Proven intermediate to advanced computer skills to accurately and efficiently utilize word processing, spreadsheet, database and communications software.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Must have well developed interpersonal skills, proven organization skills and the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with students, employees, and the public.
This is a union position, CUPE Local 5523.