The Abbotsford School District provides instruction to over 19,000 students from Kindergarten to Grade 12. The district employs approximately 2,200 teachers, administrators and support staff who are all dedicated to delivering leading-edge instruction and support for students. Located in Abbotsford, British Columbia - one of the fastest growing and most diverse communities in Canada. We are committed to providing learners of all ages and abilities with a multitude of innovative programs and educational support. We are guided in what we do by our mission statement "Preparing and inspiring our students for a lifetime of success through respect, opportunity and innovation".
École Centennial Park is a growing dual track school with approximately 250 students. There are now 6 English divisions and 6 French Immersion divisions. We are "making a difference" in our school and our community through perseverance, understanding, responsibility, and respect. We invite you to take the time and browse the website to get to know us better.
Education & Experience:
- Elementary teacher training with a major in French and major practicum work at the Primary French Immersion level
- Eligible for B.C. Certification
- Satisfactory teacher evaluation and/or final practicum reports
Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
- Must be able to demonstrate fluency in written and spoken French, plus a good working knowledge of English
- Must be able to demonstrate thorough knowledge of the Primary French Immersion program
- Ability to demonstrate thorough knowledge and recent experience with a balanced literacy program including guided reading and assessment
- Knowledge of curriculum, instruction and assessment
- Demonstrated ability to implement the new curriculum
Teacher Proficiencies: All teachers are expected to demonstrate proficiency in the following areas:
- Communication & Interpersonal Skills: Ability to consider and respond appropriately to the needs, feelings and capabilities of others in a tactful, compassionate and respectful manner.
- Organization & Planning: Ability to plan and organize for effective instruction, differentiation and assessment
- Classroom Management: Create and maintain an optimal learning environment for each student while managing student behavior and classroom dynamics.
- Facilitation & Engagement: Ability to capture and maintain students’ interest, effort, participation and enthusiasm for both the content and the process of learning
- Assessment & Coaching: Utilize balanced assessment and feedback to improve student learning including the use of formative and summative assessment strategies.
- Collaboration & Teamwork: Collaborate with others to achieve group goals and objectives
- Caring & Inclusiveness: Create and maintain an environment that is caring, inclusive and supportive of all students
- Flexibility & Adaptability: Demonstrate flexibility in our ability to adjust and adapt to changing circumstances