Competition # 20-02
Elementary Teacher - Intermediate
Dease Lake School
Are you a qualified Teacher? Would you like to live in a small community? Teach in a school with small class sizes? Would you like a change of scenery? Does northern living interest you? Do you like the outdoors? What if you could go fishing, hiking, snowshoeing, canoeing, kayaking, snowmobiling, hunting, quadding, boating, skiing, mountain biking and more right from your doorstep? If any of this, appeals to you then Dease Lake is the place for you. The amazing region of the Stikine is a wilderness explorer’s paradise and an area with some of the most stunning natural beauty you will see anywhere. Dease Lake offers a great family lifestyle with affordable living. There are many opportunities for spousal employment as well. Dease Lake is home to the Tahltan First Nation so you will be immersed in First Nations culture and traditions.
School District No 87 offers the highest salaries in the province, a relocation allowance upon arrival followed with an additional amount at the end of 2 years, an isolation allowance, annual personal travel allowances for employee and dependents living with them, a substantial professional development package and an excellent benefit package(100% medical, extended health, dental and group health insurance). We also supply modern teacher accommodation at a reasonable rent. Please view our website at http://www.sd87.bc.ca/
This full time continuing teaching position is available starting September 1, 2020. The successful candidate should have exceptional interpersonal skills in a cross-cultural setting and an ability to work closely with students, parents and education personnel.
We welcome teachers who have:
- successful experience with the integration of First Nations Language and Culture
- the ability to work in a cross cultural setting,
- a team player committed to the belief that all students can learn,
- the ability to connect with students in trusting and supportive ways, clarify problems and challenges, and restore harmony and respect,
- exceptional interpersonal skills,
- education and experience teaching intermediate programs
- excellent teaching, planning and assessment skills,
- willingness to engage in the communities and northern lifestyle,
For additional information, contact Mr. Mike Gordon at 250-771-4440. Applications with supporting documentation including references, proof of B.C. certification and T.Q.S. should be submitted to:
School District No.87 (Stikine)
P.O. Box 190, Dease Lake, BC V0C 1L0
Phone: (250) 771-4440
Fax: (250) 771-4441
The position will be open until filled.