We are currently accepting applications for Teachers Teaching On-Call.
We are especially interested in Teachers Teaching On-Call with the following specialty areas:
* Indigenous Education (K-12)
* Distance Learning (K-12)
* French Immersion (K-12)
* Home Economics (8-12)
* Information Technology (8-12)
* Languages (8-12 for French, Spanish, German, Japanese, ELL etc.)
* Mathematics (8-12)
* Montessori (K-7)
* Music (K-12)
* Science (8-12)
* Special Education (K-12 - Psychologist, Counsellor, Speech Language Pathologist, Learning Assistance, Gifted, etc.)
* Technology Education (8-12)
School District #71- Comox Valley is an inclusive learning community that embraces diversity, fosters relationships and empowers all learners to have a positive impact on the world. We engage learners to develop creativity, critical thinking, collaboration, communication and social competencies. Our teachers use and develop best practices through meaningful and purposeful collaboration and inquiry. As lifelong learners themselves, our teachers embrace diversity, apply assessment for learning approaches, and integrate technology in meaningful ways to personalize learning. Successful candidates will demonstrate a willingness to embrace and share the district’s commitments outlined above and model its principles in their teaching practice.
We can only consider qualified teachers who submit a complete application package containing the following:
- Full completion of the Portfolio sections labeled Personal Information, Language Skills, Experience, Education and References
- A letter of application and a chronological resume (most recent information first) outlining your education, teaching experience and professional development;
- Proof of current B.C. Teacher Certification;
- Copy of TQS card;
- Copy of practicum / teaching reports (if available); and
- Copy of official university transcripts.
Successful applicants will be required to successfully complete the district’s medical form and a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We thank all applicants for their interest in School District 71 (Comox Valley).
An Equal Opportunity Employer.