SCHOOL BUS DRIVERS - CASUAL
COMPETITION NO: S 20 TRN 017 CAS
The Abbotsford School District is looking for qualified and enthusiastic applicants to join our team of School Bus Drivers. A School Bus Driver is a rewarding, worthwhile occupation with a fair wage, shorter days and less than average hours of work throughout the week. This type of employment attracts a diverse group of applicants, those just entering the workforce, people who wish to change careers and those approaching retirement, but wish to continue a little longer in the workforce. Although this is for casual, part-time work, there is also the opportunity to apply for regular positions as they become available.
The Abbotsford School District will fund the initial cost of obtaining your Class 2 BC Learner’s License with air brake endorsement with your agreed commitment in working a minimum of three (3) school terms.
In addition to excellent interpersonal skills and a positive attitude, applicants are required to have the following entrance qualifications:
- Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Residency
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Possess a valid Class 5 British Columbia Driver’s License (or higher);
- Possess a Class 2 British Columbia Commercial License with air brake endorsement, or ability to obtain same
- A three-year accident/violation free driving record
- Successfully completed Grade 12 or equivalent
- Able to understand, speak, read and write English in order to learn the training materials, communicate effectively with students, as well as read and understand road signs and driving routes
- Completion of a Defensive Driving course and a valid WCB Occupational First Aid Certificate, Level I are desirable
The current salary rate is $23.83 per hour with an additional 8% of straight time pay in lieu of statutory and non-statutory benefits.
Interested applicants should submit a detailed resumé outlining qualifications and experience by Friday, December 20, 2019 to: makeafuture.ca.
Individuals not currently employed by School District No. 34 (Abbotsford), are required to sign an "Authorization for Criminal Record Search" to permit a criminal record review. The interest of all applicants is appreciated; however, acknowledgements will only be made to those selected for an interview.