The South Okanagan offers a picturesque rural setting where we enjoy moderate short winters and hot, sunny summers. Our area boasts strong community spirit, an active arts community, and varied indoor and outdoor recreation activities. It's the best of two worlds, quiet rural community with varied activities and living in close proximity to larger cities in the Okanagan with easy highway access to the Lower Mainland. Come to the Okanagan Similkameen and see where your career takes you!
SCHOOL: Osoyoos Elementary School
POSTING: #107 - 2017/18
POSITION: Elementary Arts Education (Band) Teacher
APPOINTMENT: 0.857 FTE Temporary
DURATION: April 3 to June 30, 2018
or earlier return of incumbent
1. degree in elementary education with a major in band;
2. successful classroom experience teaching band at the elementary level;
3. ability to adapt curriculum, programs, and instruction to meet the diverse needs of all students;
4. ability to model, teach and foster social, emotional and cultural awareness;
5. knowledge of current 21st century pedagogy and assessment practices;
6. demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment and contribute to the professional
community at the school and district level;
7. effective communication, interpersonal, organizational and classroom management skills;
8. ability to integrate technologies and digital citizenship into educational programs; and
9. BC Professional Teaching Certificate and current eligibility for Teacher Qualification Service card.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 3:00 PM, January 19, 2018.
For further information please contact the principal at (250) 495-7248.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.