About School District 69 (Qualicum)
School District 69 (Qualicum) is centrally situated on east Vancouver Island and covers the area of Nanoose Bay to Bowser and spans from Errington across the Strait of Georgia to Lasqueti Island. We serve a student population of approximately 4000 students. School District 69 (Qualicum) consists of eight elementary schools (Grades K-7), two secondary schools (Grade 8-12), an alternate school (PASS/Woodwinds) and a Distributed Learning program to support home-learning families called the Collaborative Education Alternative Program (CEAP). False Bay School on Lasqueti Island is entirely off-grid with an immense solar project recently completed. School District 69 (Qualicum) also embraces many community organizations and members in our schools through various programs. The area’s natural beauty, never-ending beaches, impeccable climate and small-town charm make it a popular tourist destination and a great opportunity to have a career in paradise.
Education Assistant (POPARD)
Applications are invited for Education Assistant spare positions starting as soon as possible.
REQUIRED ABILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- An Education Assistant and Community Support Program certificate or diploma from a recognized institution, including Introduction to Autism Course (30 hours) from the Provincial Outreach Program for Autism and Related Disorders (POPARD), or equivalent.
- Ability to follow directions and work as a member of the educational team.
- Ability to work effectively with student(s).
- A minimum of (6) six months successful experience working in a related field.
- Training and/or experience in using technology to support student(s) learning.
- Valid Emergency First Aid Certificate.
- Specialized curricular knowledge may be required, e.g. high-school level math and /or science, working knowledge of shops, and/or fluency in a second language.
How to apply:
Make a Future / School District 69 (Qualicum)
Please note to submit your application to the actual job posting you must click onto the job posting, then click the “APPLY” button.
School District 69 (Qualicum)
Director of Human Resources - School District 69 (Qualicum)
100 Jensen Ave. East, Box 430, Parksville, BC V9P 2G5
Fax: (250) 954-1259 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
applicant(s) must successfully complete an Authorization for Criminal Records
Search form pursuant to the Criminal Records Review Act. Thank
you in advance for your application.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.