2019/20 VINTA POSTING TTOC
TEACHER TEACHING ON CALL POSITIONS (TTOC)
Applications are invited from teachers with B.C. Certification for T.T.O.C. positions in ALL subject areas (elementary and secondary) to commence September 01, 2019.
Teachers with training and/or experience in specialty areas such as Inclusive Learning, Math, Science, Tech Ed., Music, Fine Arts, and French are especially encouraged to apply.
Successful candidates will have the following qualifications:
- strong organizational and classroom management skills with the ability and energy to motivate students and adjust instructional strategies accordingly;
- the ability and desire to work closely with staff in a team oriented approach to teaching and learning;
- strong interpersonal, communication and collaborative skills to communicate with students, staff and parents;
- strong interest in innovation and inquiry;
- strong formative assessment practices;
- experience with RTI (Response to Intervention) systems;
- ability to integrate technology to enhance student learning;
- elementary teachers – academic training, qualifications and recent successful elementary teaching experience and ability to teach in a multi-grade environment;
- secondary teachers – academic training, qualifications and recent successful secondary teaching experience;
- strong classroom management skills;
- knowledge of local First Nations culture; and
- eligible for BC Certification.
Interested applicants should apply here online through the Make A Future website (www.makeafuture.ca).
- Click 'Apply Online' to sign in/register
- Apply to this job posting
- Check your 'Job Application Log' to confirm you successfully applied
Alternatively, you may submit a full résumé package (cover letter, 3 professional references, transcripts, practicum and/or teaching evaluation reports and BC teaching credentials, and an SD85 application - available at www.sd85.bc.ca).
By NOON September 30, 2019 to:
Mrs. Christina MacDonald, Assistant Superintendent
Vancouver Island North School District 85
P.O. Box 90, Port Hardy, B.C. V0N 2P0
Telephone: (250) 949-6618, Ext. 2229 Fax: (250) 949-8792
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those applicants who are shortlisted will be contacted.