Elementary Teacher Teaching On Call
The North Vancouver School District (NVSD) is not only “the natural place to learn”, it is also “the natural place to work”. Our mandate is to provide world-class instruction and a rich diversity of engaging programs to inspire success for every student and bring communities together to learn, share, and grow. With almost 2500 staff members, the district’s 25 elementary and 7 secondary schools provide a safe, culturally diverse, and nurturing environment for approximately 16,000 students.
Noted for its progressive approach to instruction, firm belief in Inclusive Education, advocacy for indigenizing learning, and emphasis on social-emotional learning, the NVSD is a great place to start or continue your career.
The North Vancouver School District is accepting applications from qualified Elementary TTOCs in all areas.
The Board is particularly interested in applications which include the following specialty areas:
· Aboriginal Education
· Band & Strings
· Classroom Music
· French as a Second Language
· International Baccalaureate (IB)
In addition to possessing a valid BC Teacher's Certificate, you must have a Bachelor of Education Degree specializing in Elementary Education.
If interested in applying, please include the following documents and information with your application:
1. A completed application form (please complete ALL sections of the portfolio: Experience, Education & References and answer all questions).
2. A minimum of three(3) professional teaching references with names, titles, and email addresses.
NOTE: References should be qualified and experience educator who have observes your skills and abilities in a school setting/environment.
3. Cover Letter
5. Final Practicum Reports, or a recent Principal's Evaluation if you have been teaching for a few years.
6. An uploaded copy of your transcript(s) or grades summary
Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to notify unsuccessful applicants or respond to inquiries regarding the status of an application. We will contact an applicant directly if we are interested in moving forward or if an application requires additional information.
For more information about the North Vancouver School District, please visit: www.sd44.ca.