EDUCATION ASSISTANT III
The Burnaby School District is currently recruiting for the position of an Education Assistant III (EA).
EAIII’s are specifically trained to work with students diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). They interact with the Burnaby School District support staff and community professionals to assist in:
- Planning, implementation, and review of Individual Education Plans for students
- Positive behaviour support & safety plans
- Reinforcing the educational program by tutoring, adapting, or modifying classroom materials to meet the specialized needs of students with ASD.
- Providing assistance to students with ASD in acquiring skills in the area of communication and language development, behaviour and social skills.
To be considered, candidates must have the following:
- Completion of a recognized program in special needs assistance
- Completion of a certificate/diploma whose primary focus is on empirically supported approaches to supporting children with ASD or an equivalent certification
- One thousand (1,000) hours home team/Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) training and work experience documented by a Professional Consultant
- Thorough knowledge of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and characteristics of effective interventions such as Applied Behaviour Analysis (Principles of Reinforcement, Discreet Trial Training, Task Analysis, natural environment teaching, incidental teaching and pivotal response training)
We have Casual, Temporary, Permanent opportunities.
Hours of Work = 27.5 per week
Rate of Pay = $28.97/hour
If you are passionate about supporting students to succeed and pride yourself in promoting an inclusive environment, we want to hear from you.
Please submit a complete application package, which should include your resume, cover letter, references, and a letter confirming your 1,000 hours under a Certified Board Consultant. You can submit your application directly to us at:
Burnaby School District 41
5325 Kincaid Street
Burnaby, BC V5G 1W2