Work in BC’s most culturally diverse and urban school district, Vancouver School District No. 39. Set in one of the world’s most livable cities, Vancouver is a community-minded district seeking talented educators, progressive leaders, and skilled support staff to enrich the learning experience of Vancouver’s 50,000 students.
The Vancouver Board of Education welcomes applications for the position of:
Senior Buyer (Technical & Resource Support D)
Location: VSB Education Centre (1580 West Broadway)
Department: Purchasing & Administrative Services
Position Type: Permanent
Hours of Work: 7 hours per day
Start Date: Immediately
Annual Salary: $62,717.20
+ Extensive Benefits Package including Municipal Pension Plan
In this role, you will:
- Successfully manage the procurement process for a variety of commodities
- Prepare specifications and contract wording for written competitive procurements, analyses and recommend best value
- Negotiate contracts
- Place and track orders and expedite as necessary
- Maintain vendor files
- Maintain varied records of purchasing statistics, descriptive lists, work-in-progress, schedules and completed files, etc.
- Ensure accuracy of all information, documentation and processes
- Keep up-to-date on market conditions, price trends, and bring unusual matters of developing price trends to the attention of supervisors with supporting analysis and recommendations
- Prepare cost estimates
- Liaise with other departments regarding budget allocations, commitments and price structures
- Plan, assign and supervise the work of a small group of staff in a team environment
- Provide technical and resource support to Division
- Perform other duties within the job band as assigned
Qualifications must include:
- Completion of Grade 12
- Completion of the Supply Chain Management Professional designation (SCMP) or similar supply chain education from a recognized educational institution and a minimum of 4 years of related procurement experience or a combination of related education and experience.
- Experience in assembling, issuing and awarding competitive procurement, report writing and contract preparation
- Ability to evaluate quality, price and suitability of goods
- Candidates must possess sound judgement, independent decision-making, problem solving and strong communication skills
- Proficiency in Enterprise Resource Program (ERP) systems and Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience in public sector procurement is an asset
Your application must include:
- Cover letter
- Three reference names (must be supervisors) with their email addresses and telephone numbers
**This posting is ongoing until filled. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Please note, only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.**
MAKE A FUTURE APPLICATION PROCESS
1. If you do not have a profile on Make a Future, please create a profile under the category, “ECE, EA/TA/ERW, Clerical, Secretarial, Administrative, Custodians, ect.”
2. Once you have created your profile then, while you are logged in, please search this ad again and then click the "apply now" button at the end of this ad. You will then be able to apply and upload any supporting documents to the competition and answer the job posting questions.
3. You will automatically receive an email from this website letting you know your application to the competition has been received.