Work in BC’s most culturally diverse and urban school district, Vancouver School District No. 39. Set in one of the world’s most livable cities, Vancouver is a community-minded district seeking talented educators, progressive leaders, and skilled support staff to enrich the learning experience of Vancouver’s 50,000 students.
The Vancouver Board of Education welcomes applications for the position of:
(Information Technology Support C)
Department: Learning Information Technology (LIT)
Location: VSB Education Centre (1580 West Broadway)
Position Type: Permanent
Hours of work: 7 hours/day
Salary: $61,552 (+ extensive benefits package)
In this role, you will:
- Perform information technology support to the District
- Supervise, train and provide direction to LIT team members
- Research solutions, lead projects, gather requirements, design, architect, develop, test, implement, troubleshoot, maintain and support enterprise web and mobile software and application interfaces
- Administer, monitor, troubleshoot and support application servers and cloud computing environments
- Communicate plans, designs, changes and updates for diverse audiences
- Provide advance support, mentorship and training for information systems team members
- Research and analyze emerging trends in technology and systems architecture, evaluate alternatives and make recommendations
- Establish standards and procedures and write specifications, scripts and documentation for technical architecture and systems
- Plan and coordinate LIT projects and participate in inter-divisional project teams
- Provide advanced technical support to LIT team members and clients
- Install technology hardware and software including updates
- Research, evaluate and recommend third party applications and system features
- Lead meetings, make presentations and liaise with clients, contractors, vendors, external groups and other stakeholders.
- Perform other duties within the job band as assigned
- Minimum 4 year degree in a relevant technology discipline or equivalent training and certification
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience required in a relevant computer/technology discipline
- Must possess or be willing to obtain Supervisory Skills training
- Experience working in an educational organization is preferred
- Experience in determining and writing application specifications, designing and programming web and mobile applications, developing and configuring databases, using code management technologies, problem solving and managing security certificates
- Experience in administering Office 365 tenant, tools and the modern SharePoint platform and implements, programs, problem solves and supports Office 365 applications and services
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) is required
- Must be able to meet the following assessment: hands-on 1 hour series of tasks/problems (70%+)
- Candidate must demonstrate three core competencies (Collaboration, Communicating for Results and Problem Solving) and four role specific competencies (Accountability, Analytical Thinking, Initiative and Information System Knowledge) at the advanced level
Your application must include:
- Cover letter
- Contact information for three supervisor references (phone numbers and email addresses)
**Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted regarding an interview**
Please note that in accordance with the Criminal Records Review Act, selected candidates must sign a consent form to permit a criminal record review with a $28.00 processing fee. Employment with the Vancouver Board of Education is subject to passing this criminal record review.
MAKE A FUTURE APPLICATION PROCESS
- If you do not have a profile on Make a Future, please create a profile under the category, “ECE, EA/TA/ERW, Clerical, Secretarial, Administrative, Custodians, etc.”
- Once you have created your profile then, while you are logged in, please search this ad again and then click the "apply now" button at the end of this ad. You will then be able to apply and upload any supporting documents to the competition and answer the job posting questions.
- You will automatically receive an email from this website letting you know your application to the competition has been received.