The Catholic Independent Schools of the Diocese of Nelson (CISND), hosts six elementary schools, and one high school. The diocese is located in the beautiful Okanagan and Kootenay regions of British Columbia. We are committed to hiring qualified employees who are dedicated to education in the Roman Catholic tradition.
St. Joseph Elementary School (G K-8) located in Nelson, BC
invites applications at this time for:
1 Part-time (0.5 FTE) Music Teacher
effective the 2019-20 School Year
Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Preference will be given to candidates with the following qualifications:
- Commitment to Catholic Education
- Identification with and participation in the life of a Catholic parish
- Successful teaching experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with others
- The ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with students, staff, and parents
- Training and knowledge in area being advertised
In order to be considered for any position with CISND and to ensure timely processing of your application, all required documents must be submitted with your application. Incomplete applications will not be processed. DO NOT SUBMIT REFERENCE LETTERS.
The following must be included in your application:
- Cover letter to include reason you wish to teach in the Diocese of Nelson and your educational philosophy.
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae to include list of special certificates, licenses, honours and awards. Memberships in professional or technical associations relevant special interests and activities in which you are prepared to assume a leadership role.
- Official University Transcripts (photocopy).
- BC Teachers' Certificate - Candidates must posses a valid BC teaching certificate or be eligible for BC certification through the Teacher Regulation Branch of the Ministry of Education.
- Most recent evaluation report from each employer/practicum supervisor.
- CISND Pastoral Reference form
- Catholic applicants must provide:
- Certificate of Catholic baptism, or RCIA Certificate.
- If married, a copy of a Certificate of a Catholic marriage certificate
As a condition of employment, successful candidates will be required to submit the following:
- Certified statement(s) of previous teaching experience
- Photocopy of Canadian Birth Certificate or Canadian Passport (documentation to indicate you are legally entitled to work in Canada).
- Social Insurance Number
- Photocopy of Driver's License
- TQS (if applicable)