The successful candidate will provide consultative support to teachers, administrators, parents and provide direct short-term counseling to students.
The successful candidate will:
• Provide school-based consultative support to teachers and administrators in supporting students with counseling needs and behavioural and emotional difficulties.
• Assist in referrals and liaison with community agencies and other professionals who provide child and family counseling.
• Provide support to teachers, administrators and other school-based staff in reporting suspected child abuse.
• Support school staff in developing programs that enhance student self esteem.
• Provide short-term individual and/or group counseling for elementary students Grades K to 7.
• Work collaboratively with school based teams and develop IEP’s for students with behaviour/emotional difficulties.
• Master’s Degree in Counseling Psychology;
• Training and experience working with students with significant social/emotional and behavioural problems;
• The ability to maintain an effective working relationship with school personnel, other professionals and parents;
• Knowledge of community-based counseling services in Delta and the Lower Mainland
• Successful elementary teaching experience.
WE THANK ALL APPLICANTS HOWEVER ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED