Elementary Principal Opportunities
Surrey schools provide quality education to over 74,000 students in British Columbia’s fastest-growing community. Serving a diverse, multicultural urban centre, we are a progressive school district offering a broad range of innovative programs and services to support the learning of our students and staff.
In anticipation of future Elementary Principal vacancies, we invite exemplary educators to join our dynamic team.
As an ideal candidate, you:
- have demonstrated effective school leadership
- possess exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- model instructional leadership
- focus on student learning and nurture a professional work culture based on collaboration and interdependence
- have a deep understanding of curriculum, instruction, and assessment
- enjoy working with diverse groups and are a strong advocate for parent and community involvement
- value the input of others
- embrace challenges and seek opportunities to develop as an educational leader
- demonstrate a significant commitment to ongoing professional learning
- hold (or are eligible for) a BC Teaching Certificate
You possess the attributes and skills to fulfill key school leadership responsibilities such as:
- fostering an environment of instructional excellence
- ensuring a safe and caring school culture
- promoting innovative, transformative practices to support student engagement and learning
- modeling a positive inquiry-based approach to problem-solving
- building relationships that support student success
- inspiring and supporting students and staff to reach their full potential
The qualifications required for selection to a position of principal include a TQS recognized master’s degree.
Please view this video on: How to apply for a Principal or Vice-Principal posting. Visit the district website for the required application forms and to obtain further details regarding the application process.
DO NOT apply through Make A Future, applications will only be accepted by visiting surreyschools.ca.
Applications will be received until 12 noon on December 20, 2019