School District No. 64 (Gulf Islands) invites applications for temporary 1.0 FTE position of School Psychologist for K to 12. This position is a district-based position that sees the successful applicant travelling to all schools throughout the district. The successful applicant reports to the Director of Instruction of Learning Services. The Gulf Islands are located in the Strait of Georgia between Vancouver and Victoria (www.sd64.bc.ca). The effective date is March 30, 2020 until March 30, 2021 or the return of the incumbent
Necessary Qualifications. Documented Evidence of:
· Registration with, or eligibility to be registered with, BC Association of School Psychologists (BCASP)
· Master’s degree in School / Educational Psychology or specialist training in school psychology
· B.C. Ministry of Education Teaching Certification
· Recent exemplary experience providing psycho-educational assessments and interpretations for students K-12
· Recent exemplary experience working collaboratively with colleagues to provide a continuum of instructional support based on the Universal Design for Learning (UDL) Framework and Response to Intervention (RTI)
· Provide leadership and support for the district-wide functional assessment model and for structures that support ‘learning for all’ throughout the district
· Consult collaboratively with school-based and district personnel to gather classroom-based data, and design and implement instructional strategies and behavior management intervention structures that support diverse learning needs
· Consult collaboratively with teachers, parents, students and community agencies regarding student learning
· Work with teams of teachers to develop responsive educational programs for students with a focus on early intervention
· Provide written reports and follow-up in a timely manner following assessments
· Assist with recommendations and documentation for exam adjudication
Review of applications received will commence on March 5, 2020. You are encouraged to submit your application (in a single PDF doc) prior to this date for full consideration; however, the competition will remain open until a successful candidate is found or until otherwise advised on our website.
Complete application packages in a single PDF document should be directed to:
D'Arcy Deacon, Director of Instruction
School Board Office
c/o Clare Nuyens, Executive Assistant
Please include with application:
· Letter of application
· Current resume or portfolio with supporting documents that ensures qualifications are met or exceeded for these positions
· Names of three professional referees including their addresses, phone numbers and email addresses
Please note: incomplete applications will not be considered.
Thank you to all who apply; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.