Fort St John is located in beautiful Northern British Columbia, 478 km northeast of Prince George and 1237 km north Vancouver. Fort St John is situated near the border with neighbouring Alberta, 214 km west of Grande Prairie, AB.
Two (2) temporary full-time Primary French Immersion teachers are required by School District No. 60 (Peace River North). This assignment will be at École Central Elementary School of the Arts effective September 1, 2017 to June 30, 2018.
École Central Elementary School is a Fine Arts school and staff appointments will reflect the specific classroom needs and the Fine Arts Programme needs.
The candidate must be completely fluent in French (written and oral): A written and oral test will be conducted to determine proficiency in French.
Work Location: Ecole Central Elementary School
10215 99 Avenue, Fort St John, BC V1J 1V5
FTE: 1.0 FTE – Temporary (2)
Subject Area Specialization: French Immersion
Start Date: Immediately
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- successful French Immersion teaching/training experience at the primary level
- experience and/or course work in teaching a minimum of one Fine Arts strand with the ability to contribute to the overall vision of a Fine Arts school
- cognizant of the learning outcomes and evaluation process outlined in provincial IRP core curriculum documents
- strong classroom management skills
- integration of computer technology into the learning environment
- committed to working with staff on the school plan and with professional development
- excellent interpersonal, organizational and collaborative problem-solving skills as demonstrated by the ability to relate well with students, parents and staff members
- expertise/interest in teaching in the Fine Arts
- a valid BC Ministry of Education Teaching Certificate (or eligible for)
- Teach range of elementary French Immersion Courses
- Plan and implement the re-designed BC Curriculum
- Communicate with students and parents/guardians
- Work with colleagues as part of a collaborative team
- Use assessment, diagnosis and intervention techniques for students who experience learning difficulties
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary Range is between $46,716 to 87,635
- Salary category of teachers will be as verified by the most recent evaluation of the Teachers’ Qualification Service (TQS). Placement of a teacher upon the salary grid will be in accordance with his/her qualifications and experience.
- Benefits as per the Teacher Collective Agreement, with option to enrol in the medical, dental, extended health and group life insurance benefits plans. Benefits are employer paid based on FTE. Detailed Benefits Information can be found here BSPSEA Benefits Information.
- A recruitment allowance of $2410 paid over 10 months based on FTE.
- A Moving Allowance of $700 for teachers recruited from BC, AB, and Yukon and $1000 for teachers recruited from all other locations.
For More Information, Please Contact:
Broyden Bennett, Principal, Ecole Central School of Fine Arts (250) 785-4511
All applications with relevant documentation must be made through
Make a Future for consideration of the position
School District No. 60 (Fort St John)
10112 105 Avenue, Fort St John, BC V1J 4S4
Only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted