Elementary French Immersion Teacher Teaching On Call (TTOC)
The North Vancouver School District is accepting applications from qualified Elementary French Immersion Teachers Teaching On Call.
Working with students who are not native French speakers, you will be responsible for teaching all subjects in French. Our students come from diverse economic and cultural backgrounds, and the members of your class may speak English or another language at home.
In addition to having a BC Teacher's Certificate, you must have a Bachelor of Education Degree specializing in Elementary French Immersion Education.
- You possess native-like fluency in French and English (reading, writing, speaking, and listening)
- Canadian Work Permit Social Insurance Number Must currently hold a valid BC teaching certificate, OR an application for certification is currently being processed by the BC Ministry of Education, Teacher Regulation Branch
- Completion of an undergraduate degree in French and methodology coursework in French second language acquisition
- A practicum or experience teaching French Immersion is required
If interested in applying, we will require the following documents:
- Completed application form (complete/answer all questions and sections)
- A minimum of three(3) professional references with names, titles, and email addresses. References need to have witnessed your teaching skills and abilities.
- Cover letter
- Practicum Reports, or a recent Principal's Evaluation
- Copy of your transcripts or grades summary
**French Teaching Teachers on Call (TTOC) are called out on an as needed basis.
**Applicants will not be considered unless all requested documents are uploaded**
For more information about the North Vancouver School District, please visit :http://www.makeafuture.ca/regions-districts/bc-public-school-districts/metro/north-Vancouver or www.sd44.ca.
The North Vancouver School District hires on a continual basis according to the needs of the District, and will contact applicants directly if forwarded for an interview.
Please be informed, due to a high volume of applications, we are unable to notify unsuccessful applicants or respond to inquiries regarding the status of an application. We will contact applicants directly if we are interested in moving forward or if an application requires additional information.