Teacher Teaching On Call (TTOC) - International Baccalaureate (IB)
COVID-19 has affected our
families, our businesses, our educational institutions, and our communities.
Life as we know it has changed, and we are all having to adapt to a new
normal. As you prepare to move forward in the next chapter of your career,
know that the North Vancouver School District continues to recruit for Teachers Teaching on Call.
The North Vancouver School District (NVSD) is not only “the natural place to learn”, it is also “the natural place to work”. Our mandate is to provide world-class instruction and a rich diversity of engaging programs to inspire success for every student and bring communities together to learn, share, and grow. With almost 2500 staff members, the district’s 25 elementary and 7 secondary schools provide a safe, culturally diverse, and nurturing environment for approximately 16,000 students.
Noted for its progressive approach to instruction, firm belief in Inclusive Education, advocacy for indigenizing learning, and emphasis on social-emotional learning, the NVSD is a great place to start or continue your career.
The North Vancouver School District offers the full IB continuum; three IB programs spanning from kindergarten to grade 12. The programs can be offered individually or as a continuum:
IB Primary Years Programme (grades K-7) - Offered at Capilano Elementary and Queen Mary Community Elementary
IB Middle Years Programme (grades 8 - 10) - Offered at Carson Graham Secondary
IB Diploma Programme (grades 11 - 12) - Offered at Carson Graham Secondary
In addition to having a BC Teacher's Certificate, you must have a Bachelor of Education Degree specializing in IB-PYP (Primary), IB-MYP (Middle Years), or IB-DP (Secondary) Education. Or, you must have completed formal IB training through the IB Organization.
GENERAL QUALIFICATIONS, ATTRIBUTES and EXPERIENCE
- Has demonstrable knowledge of and a commitment to modelling and supporting students in developing:
- The IB Learner Profile
- The IB Programme Standards and Practices
- Interdisciplinary Teaching
- The Approaches to Learning
- The IB continuum- Progression of Learning
- The inquiry, action, reflection cycle as it pertains the IB Programmes
- International mindedness and understanding of global contexts
- Demonstrates comprehensive understanding of the fundamentals of IB pedagogy
- Has knowledge of and successful experience in inquiry-based instruction
- Has knowledge of and successful experience in Concept-Based Instruction
- Is well versed in the IB assessment philosophy, and utilizes effective assessment practices
- Embeds technology into instruction in meaningful and innovative ways
- Adeptly uses the IB planning framework to ensure incorporation of the Essential Elements
- Is committed to professional collaboration – will meet regularly with the IB Programme Coordinator and colleagues to:
- Ensure adherence to the IB Programme Standards and Practice
- Plan and reflect on units of inquiry
- Conduct whole-staff reflections on development of the Programme of Inquiry
- Agrees to attend IB-sanctioned professional development
- Ensures all expectations set by the IBO concerning programmes and procedures are carried out accordingly and in a timely manner
- Supports students’ engagement in action/service (Creativity, Action and Service, the Personal Project or Exhibition).
If interested in applying, please include the following documents and information with your application:
- Completed application package (please complete ALL sections of the portfolio: Experience, Education & References and answer all questions).
- Minimum of three(3) professional teaching references with names, titles, and email addresses. (References should be qualified and experience educator who have observes your skills and abilities in a school setting/environment)
- Cover Letter
- Final Practicum Reports, or a recent Principal's Evaluation (if you have been teaching for a few years)
- Copy of transcript(s) or grades summary
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
NOTE: We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.