School District 69 (Qualicum) is seeking applications for Spare Education Assistants
An employee in this classification performs routine tasks and/or specific personal and/or instructional support for special needs student(s). Education Assistants may be required to supervise special needs student(s) during the school’s noon hour and may be requested in order of seniority, or required, in reverse order of seniority, to perform general student supervision duties during the school's noon hour break. Education Assistants always work under the supervision of professional staff.
REQUIRED ABILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
1. High school graduation (or equivalent).
2. A Special Education Assistant certificate or diploma, or equivalent, from a recognized institution.
3. Specialized training may be required, i.e., restraining techniques, medical care.
4. Ability to follow directions and work as a member of the educational team.
5. Ability to work effectively with students.
6. A minimum of six months successful experience working with children/adolescents.
7. Valid Level 1 First Aid Certificate.
8. Ability to learn and effectively use, where applicable to a student's program, computer and technology skills.