Teach in BC’s most culturally diverse and urban school district, Vancouver School District No. 39. Set in one of the world’s most livable cities, Vancouver is a community-minded district seeking talented educators, progressive leaders, and skilled support staff to enrich the learning experience of Vancouver’s 50,000 students.
We welcome applications for:
Permanent Special Education (Resource) Teachers with full benefits **
Start Date: Immediately
These positions are 1.0 continuing contracts where the successful applicant is guaranteed work and expected to work every day. Teachers are usually placed in long-term temporary placements (medical or maternity leaves), in continuing contracts or required to work day to day in different schools. Once hired, teachers can apply to any internal continuing postings.
- Completion of a Bachelor of Education
- Completion or in the process of attaining a Masters in Special Education or a Diploma in Special Education or a 1 year Full-Time Continuing contract as a Resource Teacher.
- Experience teaching is an asset
- Completion of a Educational Assistant program and/or experience as an Educational Assistant is an asset
- Membership in or eligible to become a member in the Teacher Regulation Branch
- Registration with the Teacher Qualification Service
Your application portfolio must include the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Academic Transcripts
- Recent Graduates require final Practicum Reports
- Experienced Teachers require a recent Teaching Evaluation (not lesson observations) within the past 8 years
- 3 Professional References-email and phone numbers
- Recent Graduates to include your Faculty Advisor, School Advisor(s) and one or more of the following: Principal, Vice principal or most recent previous employer
- Experienced Teachers to include current Principal, Vice Principal and previous Administrator(s)
** We do not accept friends or teaching colleagues as references**
- TRB (Teacher Regulation Branch) Status:
- if your application is in process, please provide a screen shot of the application, including the drop down menu of outstanding documents
Due to the confidentiality of the interview process and the high volume of applications, we do not provide feedback, notify unsuccessful applicants or respond to inquiries regarding the status of an application.
We will contact applicants directly if we are interested in moving forward or if an application requires additional information.
HOW TO APPLY:
1. Register on Make a Future: http://www.makeafuture.ca/ and create a profile under the Category "Teachers, Principals & Superintendents"
2. Click on Job Postings the click Search
3. Select the Job you would like to apply for
4. Answer the job posting questions then click Apply
5. Upload supporting documents to the Competition
6. Once you submit your application you will receive a confirmation email from Make a Future
*The VSB has been given approval from the Human Rights Tribunal for a Special Program under s. 42(3) of the Human Rights Code. Under this special program, the VSB seeks to preferentially hire Aboriginal persons to a variety of teaching positions. Therefore, each applicant may wish to provide, on a voluntary basis, information whether they self-identify as an Aboriginal person.